COVID Resources, Q&A, and Laws
Q: Is Rental housing considered an essential critical infrastructure sector?
A: Yes. Real Estate (e.g., office and apartment buildings, condominiums, mixed use facilities, self-storage) is a subsector of the Commercial Facilities Sector and therefore exempt under the California Governor’s order as an essential critical infrastructure sector. Thus, rental industry professionals are permitted and have a special duty to maintain continuity of operations. However, keep in mind the CISA guidance is not a federally mandated standard and,
therefore, other state and local governments may decide differently if they enact their own orders.
Please click on the topic for basic Q&A and more information.
- Rental Income
- Resident Relations
- Repair & Maintenance
- Other Resources: Industry, State and Federal
LAWS & LEGISLATURE
- AB 828 Temporary Moratorium on Foreclosures
- AB 1482 Rent Cap & Just Cause Evictions
- AB 828 Eviction Moratorium
- Local Just Cause Ordinance
- Judicial Council of California